Emily Sun and Sarah Yeung invite poetry submissions from Australian writers (and anyone currently residing in Australia) for an anthology dedicated to the actor Keanu Reeves. Whether you’re inspired by Reeves’ iconic roles in film, his philanthropic work, Keanu internet memes, or his influence on pop culture, we want to read your work!
We welcome emerging and established poets of all ages, backgrounds, and levels of experience. We strongly encourage First Nations and BIPOC writers to submit their work.
Selected contributors will receive a payment of $100.00 for their poem and a copy of the book upon publication.
- Please submit up to three poems. Each poem should be no longer than 45 lines (including stanza break lines).
- Your poems should be about or inspired by Keanu Reeves in some way, whether they respond to his films, philanthropic work, viral memes, impact on turn-of-the-century pop culture, or something else entirely.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, as are previously published works (provided you have written permission from the original publisher).
- You will need an Australian bank account to receive payment if we select your work.
- Access the submissions form through the link below. You will need a Google/Gmail account to access this.
- Do not include personal information (i.e. no name, pen name, or contact details) in your manuscript or in the document name.
- We will be accepting submissions until 12 May 2023.
We want to remind all submitters to have fun with their writing and explore the many sides of Keanu Reeves. We’re interested in YOUR unique perspective on Keanu!